Sunday, April 16, 2006

comic #188


This ones sorta based on an experience I had once. It was a couple of guy fawks ago, and my brother was getting a bonfire started, So he poured petrol all over it, emptying the entire bucket. I was sitting about 3 metres away from it. So he gets a flare out (expired police issue ones that you see around car crashes), Lights it up, and then biffs it into the very middle of the pile. I felt this huge "Whoomp" a wall of hot air rushes past, and a hug blue mushroom of fire leaps up and a second layer, spreads like water right round the perimeter of the bonfire, practically scorching my feet off.
Unfortunately I totally faild to capture this image when they blow up the car on the comic. Meh.


By this stage Esters boyfriend had finished rehearsing in front of the mirror. He called her phone and had found it dead, a non existent number. He had phoned her work and the king receptionist had said that she had walked out of a board meeting hours ago and had not been seen since. Quite concerned at this stage he had finally rung her apartment and then as a last ditch effort, her mothers house *shivers*.

--to be continued.

No comments: