Monday, June 05, 2006

breather

Ok. So im not going to go into the nitty gritty details of what HM rage was like, other than the fact it was kick ass, with capitals. which looks like this: Kick Ass. (teehee, in joke(teehee inn-joke))

But what I will go into details with is how my cartoon went, which there is a link to at the bottom of this post, you might wanna click it now so by the time you get to the bottom of reading the post it should have finished loading.

Ok, so I started making the cartoon on monday, worked on it till 10:30 every night until I finished it (satisfacteraly) on thursday night. On friday we zoop off to camp.
Now, the cartoon was one of about five or six other videos. it was only a minute and a half long compared to about the 5 - 10 minute videos everyone else did with their handy cams. Gosh, that bugged me, there was a time limit of 4 minutes.
Anyway, so Mine is the first to play during the heats, IT SUCKED. The stupid techy at the back didn't know how to install the latest flash player which I specialy put on the CD (because I forsaw this situation). He told me it was ok and that he had found another player for it, so I was just like, ok sweet. Whatever.
But when it played it was REALLY juddery, and the music went straight out of sync with the toon. It finished before the cartoon did. I was distraught really, its like watching your baby being raped, which is not a good thing to imagine, but you know what Im trying to say. I was emo after that. Quick rant about the other contestants videos, some of them were really well done, but to be honest, when you watch them end on end, they all seem like the same thing regurgitated.

and so they announce the finalists at lunch the next day. Mine wasn't there. I didn't really mind, I had gotten used to the fact, mine wasn't anything much, and there was the added loss of quality, so thats the way the cookie crumbles.

At the actual talent show, our Youth group band rocked. They wasted all other bands. We also won the karioke thingy as well.
So they're doing their thing on stage, anouncing winners. Mostly everyone got some sorta crunchy bar or something for whatever they entered, and I was sorta loathing the fact of going up on stage to get my boobie prize.
And the two guys who have been anouncing winners and making fun of people all night say,
"And the winner of the secondary multimedia talent quest is, "Johnny and the...zoop?zoop..suite.."
Where I interject loudly(I was up by the front of the stage) " Johnny and the ZootSuite riots!!!! GET IT RIGHT!JEEZE!"
I then realize I won first prize and immediately jump up on stage shake the dudes hands, and grab my brand new digital camera which I won, shouting out to everyone in the crowd. It was awesomeness.

I would just like to say, thanks for offering to help me with the cartoon, thanks for being there while I freaked at my video being maimed, thanks for comforting me while I was emo, thanks for being there when I couldn't believe I had won. Thanks for always being there.
- you know who you are.


Now, this next bit is for Nicolian, sowie about not posting this sooner.....



George looked up at Nick.
“I think you’re a little out of it mate.”
“Oh am I? Well how about I give you what you want, then we will see about the wheel chair after.”
George rubbed his chin, two day old stubble bristled against his old grubby fingers.
“Fair enough I ‘spose.”
Nick grinned, “I knew you would see the light.”
George grunted.
Nick, looked up at the sky for a moment, then his gaze slid down towards his shoes. He seemed to be somewhere else entirely.
“Ok,” Nick breathed, “ Get out of here.”
Georges face wrinkeled up, “Ai?!”
“Get out of the Wheel chair and go home or something. Here, Have some cash.”
Nick shoved a wad of notes into Georges hands, The slightly bloodied napkin slowly materialized into crisp, hundred dollar bills. George, rubbing his eyes, not knowing whats going on, stood up and started to walk down the street, Dazed slighty.
Nick, grinned after him. To easy. He pushed the wheel chair over to the smashed wreck.

--to be continued.


CARTOON!! http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4796/childsplay0zp.swf

No comments: