Monday, March 12, 2007

comic #238


Well Here I am with another intermitent update.
I wasn't to happy with this pic. Ill still try some more out in this style. the angular no lines look is a keeper. But its freakin damn hard to do.
Today I have a special treat for you. Zara Sent me a hilarious email after she saw her comic in the last post. I thought I might share it. Since it made me giggle so much.

Okay, well I tried to post this on your little message thing but it didn't want to, so I decided to email you instead. I love my birthday comic btw! Nice touch with the tree. I'm trying to decide whether or not I like your new comic style. On the one hand, I love the pretty pictures, and on the other, I hate change. Okay, so here's the message:
Ooooooooooh... thankyou Izak for my absolutely fantabulous birthday present! I love the way you've portrayed me as being an idiotic romantic, which I am. And a Lord of the Rings freak. And, being a total LotR freak, I have just one little complaint that I wouldn't otherwise mention. Tolkien never said that Elves had pointy ears. In fact, the most he ever said was that Elves had leaf-shaped ears. Which could mean anything, seeing as leaves come in a wide variety of shapes. Elves could have ears shaped like freaking oak leaves for all we know. So there has been much debate about this in the LotR community. In fact, it has been discussed and argued over almost as much as Balrogs and whether they have wings or are merely surrounded by shadows that look like wings. People care about this stuff, believe it or not. Personally, I am of the opinion that Elves have ordinary ears, as apparently they just looked like very beautiful humans and could sometimes be confused as being human. The ears would be a dead giveaway. But the fact is, we don't actually know what LotR Elf ears look like. Tolkien also never said that Elves DIDN'T have pointy ears. So if you choose to portray me with pointy ears, then that's your choice. Anyway, lecture over.

I right and justly replied to her email -
Ok. Next time Ill portray you with ears the shape of oak leaves.
I’m of the opinion that from if what you say is reliable, that they are in fact leaf shaped. it would also be wise to assume that the actual shape of the ears wouldn't stray far from actual ears. So of course they wouldn't be overly pointed, as are goblin ears. But they would be pointed at the tips. I think that the movie portraid the ears just fine and if I could I would indeed change this small deviant. But as it is it’s covered in photo shop work and I don’t want to screw around with the quality of it all.And what point would a giant wingspan be used for in a freaking mountain for goodness sake, and I don’t really think it matters to much cause if it was real you wouldn’t be looking to closely now would you. You would be running for your life, is what your doing. But down to business, you couldn’t have wing shaped flames, the flames would obviously be coming out of something, and flames don’t happen to resemble anything in particular unless its covering something, and you can’t say it uses magic. I KNOW the D&D game rules, and animals and basic instinct creatures don’t have control over magic. They may be able to detect it, but not use it.But last of all, to quash all argument, it’s a book, and it was written in the way of all books, half of it is between the words. Its what you imagine. The words are mearly the director giving you an idea of where your imagination is meant to step next. =)
*gives up holding straight face*Heh heh. I just wanted to see if I could write an essay like you did. Ill get the cool version of the pic to you at some stage =).Happy Birthday Zara.
Hug.
(Oh yes, Could I post our email on the blog? I find it hugely hilarious.)

No comments: